Search this blog

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Review: The Ode Less Travelled: Unlocking the Poet Within

The Ode Less Travelled: Unlocking the Poet Within The Ode Less Travelled: Unlocking the Poet Within by Stephen Fry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's a very well-written work, of course, and a great way to learn prosody. But as is always the case with Fry's writing (and speech), I tend to lose track when I'm reading one of those wordy sentences he's so wont to use, and a dictionary close at hand is indispensable.

It took me a while to read this book, not because it's boring, but because it has these Poetry Exercises that take time--that are supposed to take time. At the end, I found myself skipping those because I felt the book was taking more than its due.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment